Sandbox Challenges: Détente and Llamageddon
Now that the Sandbox Championship is over, it is time to prepare for two Sandbox challenges with a special inverted dynamic! These Sandbox events are designed to ease the neighborhood tensions from the War, and allow players to refocus on the future of Upland’s property development, by building their own personal competitive strategy, and removing the dreaded cell tower. Similar to the previous challenges, players will get points for building structures on their properties.
Details Covering Both Competitions
- Each competition will last for 3 days.
- It will be every player for themselves, as the leaderboard will count the building points per player, rather than per neighborhood.
- Instead of cell towers, players will be able to construct Llama statues, which will double the points of any building within a 30 meter radius that is built by another player. (only one multiplying effect can be applied per structure. IE, using two llama statues will not have a cumulative effect. Llama statues can not boost each other’s score. You can not use your own Llama statue to boost your own structures).
- To succeed in these events, players will have to collaborate and support each other with Llama statues. The winners will be players who can garner support from the community.
- The building scores and spud hour requirements will be slightly different to reflect the new mechanics.
- All players (Uplander and above)will receive 4 spud to use toward construction.
Détente: The Peace Within
- There will be UPX prizes for the top 10 winners.
- First place will also receive a surprise Fresno collection property.
- This competition will take place in Fresno only.
- This event will start January 26th at 8am PT.
- Players will not be able to spend UPX to boost construction speed for this event.
Llamageddon: The Rise of the Llamas
For this event, we also want to introduce a core concept that will be a feature of property development. To parallel the leasing of Spark from the community pool for development, players will be able to spend UPX to speed up the construction of their structures. There will be a maximum that you can boost a given construction project. This competition is high risk, high reward, and is sure to be a thrilling experience. Here are the key details:
- All UPX spent on boosting construction will be redistributed as prizes for the winners.
- There will be two separate tiers. One for Executives and Directors (tier 1) and one for Uplanders and Pros (tier 2).
- There will be UPX prizes for the top 10 winners in each tier.
- First place in each tier will also receive a surprise Fresno collection property.
- This competition will take place in San Francisco only.
- This event will start February 1st at 8am PT.
The Spud Hour requirements and building scores are changing slightly for these events: